Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Hunger Games Challenge: Day One CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!

Day One: Your Favorite Character(s)

Okay, I know it says only character as in singular but I have so many favorite characters, it's hard to choose between all of them. I actually organized my favorite characters in order (my ultra favorite to on my good side):

1. Peeta Mellark
2. Madge Undersea
3. Rue
4. Foxface
5. Buttercup (I know...)

So I bet many of you noticed, that Katniss isn't on the list, you'll find out on day three. No more spoilers, I couldn't resist but peek. :D

I honestly like Peeta Mellark the best because he is so optimistic and protective over Katniss. Also, he accepts Gale as a friend even though he is madly in love with Katniss just as much as Gale. He thinks that if Gale makes Katniss happy, obviously Peeta can't change Katniss so the most he would do is support her. I kind of hate it when people call Peeta a prissy fag just because he isn't as masculine as Gale and all he ever does is frost cakes and bake bread. Well you can't really blame Peeta because it is illegal to train (such as hunting) before the games (although it's quite annoying how the Careers get away with it). You have to give Peeta SOME credit, sure he can't kill squirrels like Gale but he shows immense love towards Katniss. He kept this love for eleven years but Peeta knows he can never have Katniss because of Gale. Though people consider this as revenge or wrath, Peeta considered him being picked for the Hunger Games as a gift because he finally gets to get to know Katniss better without Gale around. I've noticed Gale doesn't like Peeta throughout the trilogy but Peeta accepts Gale (even though in my opinion he is a complete jerk) because the way Gale makes Katniss happy. I also adore Peeta because he is still optimistic even though life throws him off. I mean, his mom seriously beats the crap out of her children but Peeta still lives to the fullest. Even though Katniss doesn't notice him throughout the eleven years they were together, that never brought Peeta down. He was disappointed when her heart belonged to Gale but he didn't want to kill himself or anything. Finally, I admire his love for Katniss. He protects Katniss and only failed to be on her side a few times compared to Gale. Yeah, yeah Peeta was a burden to Katniss during the games and yes, he did call Katniss a "mutt" but he had a purpose behind his stubborness. What did you really expect in Peeta if you really don't think he is so masculine?

Next is Madge Undersea, my second favorite character. She really needs some love, after all Madge is the reason of the mockingjay pin. I like her devotion towards Katniss: it just shows that she is a true friend. She was so kind to Katniss and to me I feel like Madge is a pretty girl, inside and out. I actually cried when I heard Madge died in the explosion but I bet not a lot of people remembered much about her. They focused on "Oh My God! Please tell me Gale didn't die!!! Oh My God I will cry if he EVER die!!!!" and it is just as annoying as heck. Did anyone really care about Madge's death beside me? She was the whole reason why the Capitol were wearing mockingjay pins! Call me crazy but I felt like she never really died. I felt like she somehow knew about the explosion and ran away with Gale and lived in Distric 2 or something. Katniss just said that they saw a body that looked like a mistress but assumed it was Madge. They didn't know for sure because the face was so burnt but automatically they say it was Madge. I just thought she needs more love that more characters because of her devotion. :)

Oh my God, I miss Rue. When I read that part, I was in band (I forgot my clarinet so I just read HG at the time) and the band was playing a melancholy song... Yeah, I was crying softly because the band made it worse so whenever I hear the name Rue, I just want to cry. Rue was a very brave girl and so innocent. She didn't deserve to die. I feel like she was probably the youngest tribute in the Hunger Games who died from a falsely death. I actually enjoyed Katniss mourning over Rue because with that great love she had for Rue, Katniss just realized she had a soul and a heart. Before, I thought Katniss was just another confused teen and maybe even a mary sue *cough* Bella Swan *cough* but when Katniss sang that killed Marvel, then made a burial and sang that lullaby, Katniss did have a heart! It was as if Rue was her guardian angel. So young, so innocent and will go to heaven. *kisses three fingers to the air*

I admire Foxface's stealth and agile mind. It was too bad Katniss never caught her name, I really wanted to know who this clever tribute was. Foxface is genuinely my favorite person (besides Peeta) because she was really the smartest character I ever read about. I couldn't find anyone else who was just as smart as Foxface (Finnick with his self-importance, Katniss and her confused mine, Gale with his unstable jealousy, etc.) though I was a little disappointed in her when she ate the berries Peeta was intending to share with Katniss. I really thought Foxface would win the games then I thought to myself, Nah. Since Katniss is the main character, authors want their main character to gain success... But if Foxface didn't eat the berries, she would've killed Cato, Katniss, and Peeta lickety-split and win the games. Oh well. Shame, Foxface never caught on that well. She deserves love, too.

Lastly, I have somewhat a love-hate relationship with Buttercup. I dislike Buttercup because of his grumpiness towards Katniss but I guess he had his reasons. I also don't like much of his appearence (please don't call me shallow, I really do love cats, just not this one) with his mashed-in nose, half of one ear is missing, his yellow-muddy coat, and his eyes are rotten squash color. But I also love Buttercup because although not a lot people believe animals don't have this, but he has feelings. Prim and Buttercup are as close as best friends and when he crawled to Katniss, he was still looking for Prim. He wasn't aware Prim died and thought she was missing. When he got the news that Prim is dead, he was mourning over her with Katniss. He really does have a heart under the grumpy eyes he gives to Katniss.

Okay, I'm done now. Stay tuned for Day Two :D

No comments:

Post a Comment