Friday, February 10, 2012

The Hunger Games Challenge: Day Six

I'll make this really brief because I want to finished rereading Catching Fire so today's challenge is a scene that made you laugh.

Well it's actually multiple scenes put into one meaning, I was actually reading the part. I like the part where Peeta admits to Katniss that she's pure. Since I left off to that part, I'll just write EXACTLY what they said. All copyrights go to the author, Suzanne Collins, I did a disclaimer just in case.

"We end up on the same elevator with her, and she spends the whole ride to the whole ride to the seventh floor chatting to Peeta about his paintings while the light of his still-glowing costume reflects off her bare breasts. When she leaves, I ignore him, but I just know he's grinning. I toss aside his hand as the doors close behind Chaff and Seeder, leaving us alone, and he breaks out laughing."

"'What?' I say, turning on him as we step out on our floor.

'It's you, Katniss. Can't you see?' he says.

'What's me?' I say.

'Why they're all acting like this. Finnick with his sugar cubes and Chaff kissing you and that whole thing with Johanna stripping down.' He tries to take on a more serious tone, unsuccessfully. 'They're playing with you because your so... you know.'

"No, I don't know,' I say. And I really have no idea what he's talking about.

'It's like when you wouldn't look at me naked in the arena even though I was half dead. You're so... pure,' he says finally.

'I am not!' I say. 'I've been practically ripping your clothes off every time there's been a camera for the last year!'"

Oh my god that was hilarious. And Peeta was so casual about it, I used to see Peeta as the innocent little bakery's boy but after he saw Johanna naked and Katniss ripping off his clothes and let her see him naked, he was so pure after all. Haha very casual. It's on Catching Fire Chapter 15, Page 215-216.

Another that made me laugh was also in Catching Fire. It was so cheerful scene despite the Peacekeeprs in the room. It's another of Suzanne's wonderful writing. This all belongs to Suzanne Collins (another disclaimer).

"Peeta comes to the table and opens the candy bag. 'Ooh, peppermints,' he says, popping one in his mouth.

'They're mine.' I take a swipe for the bag. He tosses it to Haymitch, who stuffs a fistful of sweets in his mouth before passing the bag to a giggling Prim. 'None of you deserve candy!' I say.

'What, because we're right?' Peeta wraps his arms around me. I give a small yelp of pain as my tailbone objects. I try to turn it into a sound of indignation, but I can see in his eyes that he knows I'm hurt. 'Okay, Prim said west. I distinctly heard west. And we're all idiots. How's that?'

'Better,' I say, and accepts his kiss. Then I look at the Peacekeepers as if I'm suddenly remember ing they're there. 'You have a message for me?'"

Catching Fire, Chapter eleven, page 156-157.

Stupid Peacekeepers for ruining the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment